Develop Business Decisions and Leadership Skills
Company Program offers students the opportunity to make real business decisions, develop leadership skills, make new friends and have fun!
Company program has proven to improve employability, workforce readiness and awareness of new career opportunities.
Company Program Early Bird Registration for 2022/2023 is now open. Keep an eye here or on our Instagram for further updates.
All Southern Alberta Students
3 hours per weekk
(Tue, Wed, or Thur)
(Tue, Wed, or Thur)
Starting Mid October!
Businesses across southern Alberta donate time, space, and people to help teach these amazing young entrepreneurs about business through real hands-on learning. Thank you for your generous support and the impact you will have on Canada’s future.
Interested in being a Company Program sponsor, or providing a scholarship?
- 2-3 hours per week
- 14-18 weeks
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Learn how to start up, manage as well as liquidate a business
- Learn how to write a Business Plan
- Learn how to work with a budget
- Students will decide on a business idea and start a business.
- Students will write a Business Plan as well as a Shareholders Report
- Volunteers from the business community will guide you and your team through the process of starting up a business and running it through to liquidation
- Business plans, budgets, sales training, we cover it all
- Access to local award opportunities
- Learn the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Develop key employability skills
- Gain leadership skills
- Improve communication skills
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Potential to make money
- 1-2 hours per week
- 1-18 weeks – volunteer commitment vary
- Training is provided
Volunteers participate in a 2 hours training session
- Longer term mentoring gives you the opportunity to make a larger, more lasting impact on the life of a team of youths
- Volunteer hours with JA can often be applied toward your designation and professional development
- Work on your leadership, instructional, and public speaking skills